Sermons by Mark A. Hanna

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

11/02/05

Let me begin this day with a spirit of gratitude. I am loved. I am sheltered. I am fed. How many of my brothers and sisters cannot say the same? I am truly blessed; and truly cursed if I fail to realize or appreciate it.

I just got off the phone with a custodial parent that is very upset with the way the “justice” system isn’t. It occurred to me that our persistent attempts to legalize morality are immoral.

I suppose that I should be delighting in what is happening to the Bush White House right now, but I do not. I’m feeling an even deeper melancholy than before over the implications of what this means about the American character. How many people support Bush’s arrogant folly simply because he claims to have been “born again”?

|